Sunday, June 17, 2012

Why I Don't Celebrate Father's Day

 

I have never purchased a fathers day card. Nor at anytime in grade school did I make one. I cannot recall ever celebrating fathers day except when I had my own children. My sperm donor was among the many who believe they have engaged in something meaningful through procreation when God performed the hard part. My "fathers" entire existence can be summed up in a perpetual happy hour. Lacking ambition and only exercising that part of his anatomy that elevated him no further than the animals. While in his final hours he sought only to conquer once more. When he died I felt as much rue as one feels inclined to retrieve a fleeing penny. 

I hope you will personalize this message. It's purpose was not meant for me to vent. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment