Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How Starting Over After a Lost Helps to Find Your Safe Place

Dates are important to me. I marked my divorce by a date. My marriage to the love of my life by a date. I even dated the time I decided I would leave an abusive religion and relationship. This was a monumental decision. 

Because whatever time I have upon this earth was given to me to decide its course. So, I decided I could start over when ever I wanted to. 

Instead of waiting until January 1st to set a floating goal I would usually reinvent each year under the whispered intent, “This time I’ll do it,” I made myself a promise to do it now. When it matters most I assure you that you will find every reason to stay wherever you are regardless of the abuse and anguish. You, like me will be more willing to live in nightmarish situation for convenience that never really exists. This is what I do. 

  1. Choose the next date.
  2. Be absolutely honest with myself.
  3. SEE the clear picture of where I will be a month or year from now if I did not take these steps.
  4. Respect my very real emotions.
  5. Be loyal to myself.
  6. Realize I deserve to be happy.
  7. Define what happiness is. If I don’t know what happiness is then how will I know when I have achieved it?
  8. I give myself time to grieve. There will be pain associated with this change.
  9. Ask yourself if you give up this how will it feel to gain that?
  10. Behave from a divine perspective. See yourself as deserving of God’s grace.
  11. Allow yourself to be healed.
  12. Write your problems, the things needing change in black on piece of plain paper. Burn it! Say good bye. Express gratitude for all you learned from the experience. 

When you give yourself the deserving freedom to be the self you deserve and crave a feeling of tearful joy will flow. A reunion. You will have touched your center. Your refuge. Your safe place for all of your energy.

When ever you feel a tendency to doubt yourself draw upon this goodness. When you do this you will then be able to embrace the real authentic you fearlessly and courageously.

Join The Courageous Living Revolution

A respected life strategist, Jim is both inspired and inspiring with a pin point ability to see through to the core of the issues at hand and to address them straight on. It is his instinct and intuition, honed over 25 years of consulting and coaching private clients, that truly sets him apart. Jim’s spirit and delivery are impeccably delivered in a no nonsense manner resulting in maximum results.   

 

Jim’s passion for overcoming emotional fears was born of personal tragedy. He lived in his car following the divorce of his marriage of 30 years. In overcoming the legacy of this terrifying life stopping experience, Jim developed the principles and resources that he would later use to heal himself and so many others. 

Today, Jim is a management consultant and speaker to leading companies. His past clients are: Whirlpool Corporation, MITRE and Lush Cosmetics. To have Jim speak to your organization or work with you privately contact him at 719-649-4118 or email.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment